Monday, January 9, 2012

Shelby's Intro

Hi, I'm Shelby Kunkler. I'm from Marysville, Ohio and I am studying Fashion and Retail Studies. I plan to work in merchandising and marketing within this field. I spend a lot of time with my boyfriend, who goes to Bluffton University, as well as work with most of my time. I'm a waitress at a little restaurant in Marysville. However when I do have some down time, I like to play with my two black labs, be outside, read or go shopping. All are some of my favorite things to do.

The profile that interested me the most, was about "Steam Train" Grahm, the hobo that lived his life catching trains and traveling from place to place looking for work. I was interested in him the most for his pride and dignity that he had in his own life and the way he lived it. He knew that he was better than a bum and that he worked hard for everything he earned. I also liked how the hobos created a sense of community to one another and looked out for each other, with special codes or messages. They were a unit who may or may not have known each other personally, but who all took pride in looking out for one another, which to me is very important.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also thought it was neat that they looked out for each other even though they didn't know each other.

    ReplyDelete