Wednesday, February 8, 2012

"Steam Train" Maury Grahm and hoboes

The first profile, and the one that stuck with me most was the profile of "Steam Train" Maury Grahm, the hobo from Logansport, Indiana. I thought he was an interesting person and the hobo culture was interesting and I would like to learn more about it, such as the ways they used to communicate in the book. I found a interview with him on PBS but I haven't watched it yet since we're in class, but I will when I get home since it seems interesting. I also included another link that is an article that talks a lot about the hobo jungles and how the original hobo doesn't really exist anymore but a new secondary generation hobos who often have some sort of steady employment but still seek the adventure and experience they feel the original hoboes had.

PBS interview of Steam Train Maury

- Article on hoboes

No comments:

Post a Comment