Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Doing Your Best

One of my favorite profiles was Van Calvin, the mannequin restorer. Probably my favorite quote in the entire book is on page 177 when she says "...the thing about it is, any mannequin we ever did came out about the best we could do it. That's what makes it, isn't it? If you're trying your best all the time?". I think that no matter what your doing, that if you put forth your best effort you will be sucussful. If a person is not giving their best effort to a task, is there really even a point to doing it? I dont think so. This link that I found is focused on doing your best work specifically for scientific research, but I think that a person can apply much of this to anything in life. I hope it helps you.

http://www.ploscompbiol.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pcbi.0030213

No comments:

Post a Comment