Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Jim Bishop: Castle Builder Update

I thought since it’s been 20 or so years since the interviews in the novel were conducted I thought I would find out an update on one of the more interesting profiles to me, the Jim Bishop profile. It seems that since the publication of the novel, Mr. Bishop has still been hard at work adding more and more to his existing castle. Jim is at least 65 now if not older but still maintains his monumental structure that he started building over 40 years ago. I thought it would be interesting since he is probably one of the few profiled people who are still alive today. I also found out that Mr. Bishop is becoming fairly fanatical about the government and it seems to be a big part of his life of what i saw in this interview on Youtube.

Jim Bishop interview clip

Looking at the updated photographs, that come up relatively fast when Google searched, it looks like most of his progress on the castle has turned it much more into a homely since the interview took place. Curious to learn more I searched for modern castle builders here in the U.S. I did not find many actual castles that were building here in the U.S. save for maybe a hand full. The majority of my search results however were dedicated sites to how to castle build and related topics revolving around the art of castle building. Which i found interesting in themselves for the shear fact that they are self help sites for building castles. Here are some links to the some of the castle builder sites that I came across.

Upon further research I actually found another site that has a long list of current known castles here in the United States and is quite extensive. There also seems to be a theme with castles in the U.S. and anti-government sentiment-weird right? I thought so too.

Castles of the United States

No comments:

Post a Comment