Saturday, March 3, 2012

Marge Hazelett


I interviewed Marge Hazelett is a very caring professor, she has been a nurse, teacher, and she is now a licensed Psychologist and the Coordinator of Disability Services. Mrs. Margaret C. Hazelett, a native of Tiffin, Ohio, graduated from the Riverside School of Nursing and taught nursing at the Riverside School of Nursing, Toledo, Ohio. She graduated from Mary Manse College with a B.A. in Education, and a B.S. in Nursing. She also received an M.A in education. and an M.S. in Psychology from the Ohio State University. I interviewed her because I see her as an American dreamer, and an achiver of what she believes.

As I drove home the night after the interview, I thought to myself I love her to death, she is so sweet, I knew she cared about her student but this interview made me look at Marge Hazelett as more than just a professor, but like a grandmother. She is one Hell of a woman and she deserves all that she has accomplished.



I am a very self determined individual. I love animals, and as some of you will see in the picture with me, that I have a beautiful cat named Cale. Everyone who knows me knows that she is very spoiled and she is really a precious cat to me. I got her late in life when my husband was quite ill; she has been a real comfort to me. Sometimes she was a comfort to Hal and sometimes she wasn’t. I believe in goals and I try my best to follow my goals exclusively as much as I possibly can. Secondly, I have always had a real love for people especially those who need help. I try to take time in my life to help who ever I can.
I love to go out to dinner, I really enjoy that a lot. I like classical music, and I have some favorite T.V shows I can barely wait to get home to watch which are Jeopardy, and Wheel of fortune. I am working with the Junior Service Guild, and we called our dinner "The Misfortune" it’s a takeoff of wheel of fortune.
My American Dream was I wanted to become a nurse, get married and have a beautiful home. I have worked very hard all my life; I worked 3-4 jobs. I am now down to only 2. I wanted to succeed in whatever I did, which was to become a nurse, and I never wanted to be a teacher, but now I am very happy I have had the opportunity to become one, and help all my students.
When I was a child I always wanted to be a nurse, and I set my mind to doing that. Anytime, that I could find a cat or a dog or anything else that I thought needed to have attention. I was great at bandaging up the animals. [Laughs] I had a cat Named Tom; I used to take him to the grocery store with me. When I was about four years old, my mother would stand and watch me go down about four blocks to the store. Laughs… I don’t know what she could have done if something happened to me because she was too far away. When Tom was with me I was never afraid. He was always in the baby buggy, and on the way back he was covered with groceries. [Laughs]. I always wanted to be a nurse when I was a child after my grandmother died in my arms I knew I wanted to be a nurse, and nothing more. I owned my very own little red cross hat, that I wore everywhere I went. I felt as if I were able to get to the corner by the window in my third grade class every day. I’d get there by poking the boy in front of me. He always tattled on me and my teacher would put me in the corner. I could see the soldiers go by; I would wave to the soldiers going by on the train every day, who were injured in WWII. I felt as if I was doing my part being a nurse, even though the soldiers never seen me I could see them and I was very happy with the outcome.



My dream for future generations is I hope that the children start taking more responsibility, and develop values, and give and not be taken. Yes, but I don’t like these teens and others texting or being on the phone while driving, I have to take back roads so I get home safely. I hope for more involvement in the families. Parents allow their children to grow up and be responsible for themselves, and their actions and not blame others for their short comings. I hope they seek help if they need it. Make their life with their family and have them in the center of their life like it should be. [Marge smiles and a tear runs down her cheek]

No comments:

Post a Comment